Every coach should have a medical bag and they
- Know what is in it
- Keep it stocked
- Know how to use it
The following is a suggested medical bag that a coach
should carry. This is recomended by the Red Cross in their Sport Safety
- Adhesive bandages with guaze pads - associated
- Alcohol / alcohol preps
- Antibacterial oitment
- Anti-Infective solution
- Antiseptic towlettes
- Arm Sling (Triangular bandage is fine)
- Bandage scissors
- Butterfly closures - 1/8" x 3"
- Cell Phone
- Cotton Swabs
- Elastic Tape - 2"
- Elastic Wraps - 2", 4" and 6"
- Emergency blanket
- Eye Patch
- Eye wash
- Flashlight and batteries
- Foam Padding, assorted thicknesses
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Latex/nitrile gloves (multiple)
- List of emergency phone numbers
- Nail Clippers
- Nonstick wound dressng pads - 3" x 4"
- Petroleum jelly
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Bags for ice /instant ice bags
- Resuscitation mask/face shield
- Roller guaze
- Safety pins
- Several quarters for emergency calls - You never
know when you might get an old phone.
- Medical Handbook (basic) - Red Cross gives you a
nice one in their class.
- Sterile guaze pads - 3" x 4" or 4" x
- Tape adherent
- Tape removal
- Tape Underwrap
- Tongue Blades
- White Tape - 1" and 1 1/2"